This position is part of Lummus Consultant's Process Industries group. The position is located in Houston, TX. The candidate should be a consultant/engineer with experience in the provision of technical advisory services to the Process industries (i.e., onshore and offshore oil and gas production, gas and liquid pipelines, LNG, refining and petrochemicals). The work will primarily entail technical due diligence evaluations for the financial community and project developers. In general, the assignments require a high level of experience and ability to focus quickly on important issues. Travel, both domestic and international, is to be expected. Typically, this may entail between 10 and 15 trips during any given year. Trips are usually less than one week in duration but occasionally may encompass up to two or very rarely three weekends.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
The candidate will be expected to undertake a wide range of activities. These will include but not be limited to:
* Work as a team member or independently, performing reviews of the technical, environmental and/or commercial parameters and business drivers for domestic and international capital projects;
* Analyze project design, technology, environmental and permitting status, and develop conclusions and participate in other portions of the project reviews;
* Prepare clear and concise written reports on assignments, develop conclusions and present results to clients who will include international and independent oil companies, international banks, investors and entrepreneurial developers;
* Work on (multiple) assignments with tight deadlines, coordinate activities with other team members and report to multiple Project Managers.
* Take direction and achieve objectives without extensive oversight;
* Participate in construction monitoring visits to domestic and international project sites;
* If qualified, evaluate financial models prepared by others, and
* Review and opine on the technical inputs to contracts ? EPC, O&M, Sales and Purchase, Utility Supply and the like.
* A degree-educated Chemical Engineer;
* The candidate should have at least eight to ten years relevant professional experience in the Process Industries;
* The candidate's personal experience should cover several of the following for Process Industry projects:
* Front End Engineering Design;
* Detailed Engineering;
* Process Simulation;
* Hydraulic Analysis;
* Environmental reviews;
* Facility Operations and/or Maintenance;
* Financial Modeling;
* Prior experience with an owner/operator or major engineering company and/or consultancy servicing the process industries;
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to write clear and concise reports in English;
* Good computer literacy ? Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Desired / Preferred Qualifications:
* Second language;
* Advanced technical degree or MBA
Lummus Consultants International LLC (Lummus Consultants) performs technical evaluations of capital projects for the power and process industries (oil & gas, refining, petrochemicals, fertilizers, etc.) with a focus on financing support. We work mainly for lenders, prospective investors and owners and examine issues surrounding the technology selection, design, execution and operation of projects. Lummus Consultants is a wholly-owned subsidiary of McDermott (NYSE: MDR), a fully integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry.
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions?from the wellhead to the storage tank?to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
Associated topics: construction operator, construction technician, extraction operator, extraction technician, gas distribution, gas transmission, granite, millwrights, operator, polisher